Exploring the routes of Hysterectomy: vaginal vs laparoscopic
Thursday June 28 - Friday June 29$1160
28-29 June 2018
SHIFT YOUR SURGICAL AMBITION TO SURGICAL ACTION
This two-day master class will help you master minimal invasive surgical procedures that you can propose to your patients as alternatives to laparotomy and abdominal surgery.
Hysterectomy is a common surgical indication for uterine pathology that resists medical treatment. It is so true that laparotomy and the abdominal route remain a frequent and a standard procedure for gynecologists. When it comes to minimally invasive surgical (MIS) approaches, the situation is more complex.
Hysterectomies carried out by laparoscopy or vaginal procedures are still considered as advanced techniques and remain too rare. The advantages of MIS approaches are so obvious that it is essential for gynecologists to master both vaginal and laparoscopic routes in order to ban laparotomy from their practice. By the end of this course, you will learn:
- The respective indication for vaginal and laparoscopy routes;
- The relevant anatomy to be considered for each procedure;
- The available energy sources with a special emphasis on electro surgery;
- The operative manual according to each route;
- The risk areas for complications and the best ways to prevent and manage them;
- The post-operative follow-up procedures for both routes.
As in all MIS ACADEMY master classes, theory and hands-on sessions alternate to ensure that participants have the chance to put knowledge in practice. This training will offer CME hours. Seats are limited so register fast.
28 JUNE 2018 – LIVE IN HOSPITAL
- 08h00 // Historical perspectives
- 08h30 // Live 1 – Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- 10h00 // Relevant anatomy for hysterectomy:
- Surgical anatomy
- Laparoscopic routes
- Vaginal routes
- 10h30 // Standard instruments for vaginal surgery and patient installation
- Standard instruments for laparoscopy and pa ent installation
- 11h30 // Live 2 – Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- 12h30 // Energies from the most classical to the most modern
- 13h00 // Lunch
- 14h30 // Hands-on (Laparoscopic suturing on models)
- 16h00 // Operative Technique
- Vaginal hysterectomy step by step Laparoscopic hysterectomy step by step
- 17h30 // End of day
29 JUNE 2018 – CLASS IN ROVE HOTEL
- 08h30 // PresentaTIon of the main opera ve steps Lap/Vag and preventation of complications (videos)
- Vesicovaginal and rectovaginal dissection
- Suspensory ligaments
- Uterine arteries
- Utero ovarian pedicles
- Vaginal closure
- 09h30 // Complications
- General view and epidemiology
- Haemorrhages and hematomas
- Bladder injury
- Rectal and bowel injuries
- Ureteral Complications
- 11h00 // Specific difficulties and technical solutions
- Uterine Volume
- Posterior dissection
- Adhesions endometriosis
- Previous cesarian sec on
- Narrow vaginal access
- Indications for laparotomy
- 12h00 // Technique of extraction for big uterus
- Problem of the morcellation
- Techniques of vaginal morcellation
- Techniques of laparoscopic morcellation
- 13h00 // Lunch
- 14h00 // Hands-on: Energy/Suturing
- 17h30 // End of the course
- Delivery of Certificate
The course will take place at the Rove Healthcare City Hotel Dubai (external link).
Participation fee includes all course material, workshops, coffee breaks and lunches. Airfare, visa, hotel, and dinners are not included and should be sourced independently. Fee is non-refundable for cancellation within thirty (30) days of the course. A 10% administrative charge will be deduced for earlier refunds.
Please reach out to MIS ACADEMY if you need assistance in obtaining a tourist visa.
For more information and the complete program overview, please download our flyer here.
© 2018 MIS Academy, All Rights Reserved